What can I expect at a Stroller Strides® workout?
- Stroller Strides classes last for 60 minutes. The class begins with a 10-minute warmup, and incorporates cardio, stretching, and interval training, using body weight, strollers, and resistance bands to get an optimum full-body workout. While we exercise, we keep our children entertained with nursery rhymes, finger plays, and interactive songs. Be ready to sweat! We work hard, but we also encourage newbies to make modifications and pace themselves.
- After class, please hang around and get to know everyone! A typical class ends with a "play date" for the kiddos and a time to chat with the other moms. You'll often see Fit4Mom moms nursing their little ones, or changing diapers, so don't feel shy about any of that!
- To get a glimpse of Fit4Mom Wakefield in action, check out our video!
What do I need to bring for Stroller Strides classes?
- Bring water to keep cool and hydrate. Bring a yoga mat or towel for ab work at the end of class. Bring snacks, drinks, toys, etc. for your child(ren). You'll also need resistance bands but first-timers can borrow them from the instructor. For outdoor classes, don't forget hats and sunblock.
How old does my baby have to be?
- We encourage you to wait until your baby is at least 6 weeks of age to begin Stroller Strides classes. They can take classes up to any age so long as they can stay in the stroller for 60 minutes.
What do I do if my baby gets fussy during class?
- Our instructors will do their very best to make the class enjoyable for both you and your baby! They also are happy to help with a fussy baby by replacing pacifiers, rocking the stroller, or tickling toes. If you need to tend to your baby, don't worry! You can always catch up with us when you're done.
What if the weather is bad?
- We will only cancel classes in extreme weather conditions. We meet inside if it's below 45 degrees or above 85 degrees and/or precipitating; otherwise, we are outside!
When can I attend my first class?
- You can attend your first class at anytime and at any location. Please register online so we can know to expect you. Remember, your first Stroller Strides class is FREE! Be sure to arrive a few minutes early to meet your instructor.
Where are classes held?
TUESDAYS, THURSDAYS, AT 9:30AM
Location: International Family Church at 1 Fordham Road Wilmington, MA. Park in the small parking lot on the Fordham Rd. side of the building. IFC is in a former office building. Enter the double glass doors and head toward elevators. Turn right at the elevators and look for us in the children's wing. If we're outside, we meet at Rotary Park, at 1 Adelaide Street in Wilmington.
MONDAYS- WEDNESDAYS AND FRIDAYS AT 9:30AM
Location: The Americal Civic Center at 467 Main Street Wakefield, we will meet at the Drill Hall/Gym at 9:30am. Park off Armory Street, and go through the big white double doors located right off the parking lot. If we're outside, we meet at the gazebo by Quannapowitt Lake in Wakefield, park off Lake Ave meet us near the Gazebo.
Locations: Indoor at International Family Church at 1 Fordham Road Wilmington, MA. Park in the small parking lot on the Fordham Rd. side of the building. IFC is in a former office building. Enter the double glass doors and head toward elevators. Turn right at the elevators and look for us in the children's wing. If we're outside, we meet at the gazebo by Quannapowitt Lake in Wakefield, park off Lake Ave meet us near the Gazebo.
What if I have more questions?
Don't hesitate to contact us on Facebook, email or at (978) 809 0551 ! We're happy to help answer any questions you may have.